Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl XLII

Well, one more sporting event is over. It means an end to the American tradition for another year. I mean the pasttime of sitting in front of the tv all afternoon on Sunday and watching a bunch of men try to "kill" each other. Actually, we turn on the tv after dinner and it is a great way to take a nap, at least when my team --the Seattle Seahawks-- are not playing (which is usually every week as we live in Bears/Packers country, so we get stuck with them every week).
Yes, yes, I was rooting for the New England Patriots last night as my preference is Tom Brady over any Manning. Unfortunately, the best QB in the league was sacked over 3 times last night.
I had a rare opportunity to actually watch the super bowl because I am usually in church during the big game. Because of a surprise snow storm, that dropped about 4 inches in a couple of hours, our main evening service was cancelled. During choir practice alone we had a good couple inches.
Now that the Super Bowl is in the past, maybe I can get something more productive done on a Sunday afternoon, such as hospitality or reading, or maybe a wonderful nap, the latter is not likely, but the thought is nice.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Football season is over! Yea! Yea! Football season is over!

Have I mentioned, "Yea!"?

Your sporting friend that I am. :-)

Heidi said...

The rest of us mourn the end of football, and you are the typical woman.

Wendy said...

I'm with Ann-Marie... YEA!!! My husband is such a football fanatic. Right now he's watching his *last* game, with such sorrow. I'm rejoicing inside.

And he's a HUGE Bears fan, btw.