Tuesday, February 12, 2008

COLD Chicago

I arrived back in Chicago late last night and it was cold. My husband warned me earlier in the day of an approaching snow storm and asked me if I could get my tickets to return home changed so that I could arrive early enough to catch that last bus as the last bus to Rockford left Chicago at 11:00 and my plane was scheduled to arrive at 10:51. I felt that it cut it too close and had asked him to pick me up. I tried to change it and they said it would cost me more and she suggested I leave it alone and check back later on the status of my flight.
I am glad that I did not change it as I would not have had the glorious warm sunny day at the botanical garden (www.leugardens.com) and I would have had to go through the hassle of changing the flight when the snowstorm didn 't really start until later. It was snowing in Chicago when we arrived, but was not snowing really anywhere else.
I went outside to meet my husband and kids in the van and I told him that it was cold outside. When I left Orlando, I cried because 1. I had never had any problems in security when I have flown in the past and they took away a couple of things from me; 2. I was tired; and 3. I did not want to be cold as I was really enjoying the warm temperatures and knew what I was in for when I got home.
Hopefully Spring will come really soon and I can stop being cold and looking at snow. Wake me up when it warms up

3 comments:

mom2mine said...

Glad you are back and had a safe trip! glad you had fun!

Ann-Marie said...

I'm sorry you cried! Emotional highs and lows, I suppose!

Curious - what did they take away? (if you don't mind my asking)

Heidi said...

my hairspray and my toothpaste. Everything that is replaceable. They were not as picky in Chicago. Maybe that is a bad thing.