Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Interesting thoughts of a rambling mind

Try mentioning whiteout to someone who lives in Orlando, Florida!
Tell that same person that it is 20 degrees and listen to their reaction when they think that 70 in February is chilly.
No joke, I went to Florida a couple of weeks ago. We went to Disney and she suggests that I take a jacket because it might be chilly. Granted, in the evening I did wear my jacket because it was a damp chilly, but knowing that it was 0 here in Illinois that same weekend and I was in 75 degree weather -- that was priceless. I honestly and truly felt sorry for my family and wished that they could be there with me.
The more it snows, the more I think that buying a condo in Central Florida for the Winter months is a great idea. You could rent it out in the Summer to your friends and/or tourists for a week at a time to pay for it.
I know, it seems like I am complaining, but when you see nothing but snow outside for 6 weeks, it gets kind of tiring.

2 comments:

Jennittia said...

You are "preaching to the choir" here!! We are beginning to not even be able to see out some of the windows because the snow is so deep here!! All Easter egg hunts have to be moved inside this year!!

Heidi said...

It is starting to melt a little, but not enough for my liking.