Friday, February 22, 2008

potholes

As most of you know, I hate Winter in the first place. This Winter is particularly bad for a couple of reasons. The first one is that it is cold and the cold just won't go away and it is getting annoying and I am tired of seeing snow. This particular snowfall has been on the ground for about 3 weeks.
The second reason is that it has been so wet and cold that potholes are showing up in the streets. I had a friend post on this a few days ago and after driving on the roads today, I couldn't pass it up. Some of the potholes are getting so big that I fear that they will open up enough to swallow a car. Seriously, it is that bad. On some of the roads you could set up an obstacle course and on some others you could wash clothes because of the washboard effect. The manholes are getting manholes.
Now the city says they have no money to fix them. EXCUSE ME!!? What happened to all that money that they city is bringing in from our "unwanted--at least by me" sales tax increase that was put through last year to cover road repairs? I think, sometimes that these cities are in league with auto repair shops. Come on, people, lets get those roads fixed before all our teeth fall out from being banged together when we go over all the holes in the roads.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Potholes are horrible. I totally agree! If only we had cars that could fly...I guess that would open up a whole lot of other problems.