Tuesday, February 6, 2007

life after Super Bowl

Well, life in Bears country can get back to normal, now that the super bowl is over and the Bears have lost (good job Rex Grossman on those interceptions). I am not a Bears fan, so I really did not care what the outcome would be. Since I do live in Bears country and my husband has a dislike for anyone in the Manning family, I was hoping they would win of course. It would have been a great thing for the city of Chicago to add to the World Series win by the White Sox a couple of years ago (I am not a fan of them either, but it was exciting around here during the world series).
Of all Sunday nights to miss church, that was not a good one. I can hear the people now "yeah, sure she is not feeling good, we've heard THAT excuse before". When you're nine months pregnant, any pain or discomfort can be a cause for concern. My team (Seattle) was in last year and I was in church, though I had my Seahawks NFC championship t-shirt on during the service.
I do always mourn the end of the football season. Not only do I LOVE the sport, it is a great way to get a nap in on Sunday afternoon. I just turn on the football game and relax on the couch and I usually do get a snooze in. Maybe I will have to start watching Nascar to get my nap now. I probably get more excitement in watching paint dry than watching cars go round and round. Sorry Nascar fans.

No comments: