Thursday, February 8, 2007

Girls night in.

Well, it is an evening of just us girls. The guys are on their way to Chicago for a Bible conference at Moody Bible Institute/Moody church. They will then park their car at their hotel and take the EL train in from Cumberland Road (for those of you who are familiar with Chicago). Great way to save that parking cash. :-)
In the meantime, us girls (meaning, me, my kids, and Aunt Anouk) will be here having a girls night in. What fun. I am making a pot of spaghetti, giving the kids a bath, and watching a movie, any suggestions? Something wholesome now (aside from Finding Nemo), remember I am a mom of little kids (though they may be in bed).
I never look forward to my husband being away, but there are times when it is fun to hang out with just girls for a few hours.
This conference also has a small part in Milwaukee, which we will all be attending on Saturday. I am looking forward to it. Of course, I am always looking forward to something that will get me out of the house for a while, since, being nine months pregnant, I don't go far by myself.
When my husband went out the door a few minutes ago, I told him that I would be careful. I would only lift anything heavy in sight and shovel snow if we get any more (which I hope we don't). I don't think he thought that very funny. ;-)

2 comments:

Jennittia said...

Well, it's a bit late for your girl's night, but...
The "Love Comes Softly" movies are making their way around the women of our church. I think there are three of them, although I have only seen the first. Read the books (by Jeannette Oake) loooonnggg time ago! Great chick flicks.
If that is not your thing, we also recently rented the latest X-men movie. Never saw what happens coming and you keep thinking any minute things will change. Sorry if you are not a fan of sci-fi!

Heidi said...

depends on the sci fi. Actually, I saw parts of the first of the Love Comes Softly and I would like to see the rest. Thanks, for the suggestion. I will definitely keep it in mind for the next one.
We watched Sabrina with Harrison Ford. What better actor for a chick flick. ;-)