Monday, February 12, 2007

Great Weekend

Well, my family had a great and busy weekend. My husband was able to spend a couple of days in Chicago for a Bible Conference. It was Founders Weekend at Moody Bible Institute. The special speakers were John MacArthur and Alistair Begg among a couple others. He and about 3 other guys went in on a hotel room and stayed the night so that they could hear Dr. MacArthur on Thursday night and again on Friday morning. After dinner at Morton's steakhouse (a Chicago original) and a short night at the hotel, they went back to Moody again on Friday morning. After hearing the message by Dr. MacArthur in the morning, they bummed around Chicago for the afternoon. They went to dinner downtown and visited Chinatown. I know they had a great time. The guys again went back to Moody that evening to hear Alistair Begg (a Scottish pastor with a great accent, or so I am told).
On Saturday afternoon, our church was sending a group of young people and others who wanted to go to hear MacArthur again in Milwaukee at the WVCY rally. We had a caravan of 4 vehicles. Of course, Jason went again and took his family this time. It was great to hear one of the great preachers of our day in person and hear his message. It is a message that should leave one convicted every time it is preached. It was about the Prodigal Son and the shame that the son's decisions brought on all involved. It was awesome to sit there with about 1500+ other people listening to this great man of God.
I remember a time when I would have tried to avoid any extra preaching throughout my week other than church on Wednesday night and twice on Sunday, but I have been able to grow so much more in the past 5 years at my present church (see link) as well as reading and listening to messages preached by Dr. MacArthur. I also love seeing the Spiritual growth in my husband as well. It can only happen through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

No comments: