Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Gotta love Illinois

Well, winter has finally set in and it looks like its going to stay awhile.
Just two weeks ago it was 40 degrees, well, yesterday the high temp. for the day was -2. BRRR. Today when I was out, it was fluctuating between 2-3 and snowing cats and dogs. The plows had not been out and it was slippery.
I must thank my neighbor who is now blowing our snow out of our sidewalk. God bless his heart.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be 20 degrees. HEAT WAVE!! No coats tomorrow. just kidding.
My kids looked outside and said that they did not have to wear coats. Funny things kids say! I, however, made sure they put on their heavy coats, hats, and boots. Ahhh, the things we have to do just to go to the store.
One great thing about it. This too shall pass and Spring will eventually come within 6 weeks if we believe the shadow of an East Coast rodent.

4 comments:

Jennittia said...

Hey, great to add you to my "daily readings" list. This blog thing is really catching on. Maybe I will start one soon! For now though, I really enjoy reading them and finding out how much people change and stay the same all at the same time!!

Here in New England the weather is not much better. They are calling it the "deep freeze." Great for the ice fishers who were bemoaning just a few weeks ago about how the lakes were not frozen over yet. Now, the lakes are nothing but rows and rows of those little wooden houses!!

Heidi said...

I never thought I would have one either, but so far I have found it is fun.
They were worried about that in Michigan as well.
It is 7 today. Heat wave.

mom2mine said...

My kids are thrilled at the white stuff and want to know when they can go out and play in it. I told them it has to be at least 20 and they were depressed after watching the weather. LOL

Heidi said...

I don't like cold, so my husband has to take them out in it and we won't take them out in it either becaue it is too cold. Actually, Jennittia, it did get up to 12 today. I have to correct myself.