Monday, February 19, 2007

Heat wave

Yay, it is finally warming up, at least for a little while. If you have followed my previous posts, I am not a huge fan of Winter. The Winters I remember out on the West coast were not too cold. Once in a while we would have some temperatures hover right around 0 for a few days, but not stick around for a month at a time. Our average temperature in our coldest month was probably around 25, with most temperatureas being warmer.
Spring there starts mid February and Fall ends about mid November, so the Winter season was so much shorter than here in Illinois. Here, we can still be shoveling out in mid April when the flowers are starting to bloom.
On Saturday it was 22 degrees here in Illinois (which was warmer than it had been) while at my parents house in Washington state, it was 67. Talk about contrasts!! Though I think that I am not quite ready for 67 yet.
Finally, today it is in the 40's. It is a heat wave--t shirt weather. This is my kind of Winter. If the lowest temperature of the Winter would be this low without becoming a Southerner (not that that is a bad thing), that would be GREAT.
It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, yay!! The snow will start melting and flowers will start blooming and the trees will start leafing out. I don't think I have seen grass since mid January, though brown grass is not really pretty. Hopefully I will not have to be sloshing through slush on my way to and from the hospital next week.

1 comment:

Jennittia said...

If you think mid-western winters are long, you should try New England ones! We have Easter egg hunts in the snow! But I feel the pain- I like the snow, but not for so long!