Monday, August 4, 2008

Well, another year has come and gone. Another birthday has past.
Not really a big deal, right? Nothing wrong with 32, right? It doesn't seem possible, but it is.

My family was so sweet. 5 year olds are funny about birthdays. My husband was trying to keep everything as secret and quiet as possible. While I went to a mom's night out, he took them to the store to buy my birthday gifts.
On the morning of my birthday, daddy was away at his accountablity group, one of my 5 year olds walked up to me and said, "mommy, daddy hid your birthday gifts in his closet."
I replied, "he did, huh?". So I wouldn't ruin his fun, I did not look in his closet.
Later, one of them said, "don't look behind the 'cucumbers'," while pointing to the romaine lettuce.
I said, "we don't have any cucumbers". I looked behind the lettuce and there was a cake in a bag. OOps.
After my husband returned, one of them told me "mom, we went to Target and got your gift."
I told my husband that if we keep going here, they are going to tell me what I am getting and ruin the fun.

We did open my birthday gifts later that afternoon and I got a couple of nice things from the girls and a Target gift card which I will SOOOO use.

That night he had arranged for "Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Anouk" to come over to babysit the kids while he took me out to the suburbs of Chicago for dinner.
He had pre arranged for a dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse at 5:30 that night.
That was the best steak I had ever had. There was free valet parking which we did not do because my husband's reasoning was he was not going to have someone else park our messy minivan.
The servers were in suits and ties and once you were seated, you had personal service from your server. They did not serve anyone else the entire time you were there. It was great.
I wish I would have taken a picture of our steaks. We did take a picture outside the restaurant which I will post later (along with the raccoons that I promised a few days ago).
To top off the evening, my husband put up with a walk through IKEA.

3 comments:

grace said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like Jason did a great job of preparing everything.

Heidi said...

He did.
When he was goint to give me the option, I did not want the option. I wanted what he had taken the trouble to prepare as he was very thoughtful.

Michele Bovell said...

Heidi, this story is too cute! Glad I found your blog. I will visit often.