Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Update on the Update.

We finally got the infamous car home. He picked it up on Saturday morning and got it as far as a mechanic about half way to the house from the dealership.
He looked at it over Monday and found it to only be a cadyllic converter flush was needed (that dumb eco friendly unnecessary part anyway). Cost us a measly $58.00. Thankfully, after my husband talked them down at the dealership $200 on the price of the car and we still came out ahead.
Now that the car runs well, and my husband made it the 25 miles one way to work, we priced it on Kelley Blue Book and it is valued over twice what we paid.
I definitely think that car dealership knew it had a problem and didn't want to fix it and wanted it off their lot. They could have made a lot more on it if they would have just fixed it up. How much more time, effort, and money would that have truly taken. And, they would have made their customers happy and kept their reputation in tact.
If it lasts a few months, or even a year, this hassle will be but a happy memory as we tootle along in our new van-- that hopefully won't be a hassle as this little car was.
If I could drive it, I would show it off to my two readers, but since it is a manual transmission, I have to just look at it from a distance (until my husband has the patience to put up with me behind the wheel so I can practice on it).

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'll be looking for it!

Robin Hayes said...

You HAVE to learn how to drive a manual transmission. It's so fun! :-) Ok, you don't have to, but it is fun. Chris was the one who taught me how to drive a manual back in our college days. Good times!