Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our library, like most libraries, had a summer reading program.
For every 5 books they read (or in their case, I read to them), they got a prize. There were sports drinking bottles, balls, blowup balls, stickers, coupons for fun stuff like pizza and ice cream, etc... . My kids reached every prize and then some. You got a total of 30 books which resulted in 6 prizes plus the invitation to Magic Waters water park for the program finishers party.
That was held on Friday, August 8th. We decided to go and a good time was had by all. Initially my plan was to keep the baby home and just let Daddy take the other two so I didn't have to show myself in my pesky swimsuit. I will use any excuse to not have to use that thing. I ordered a new one, but until that one comes, I have this other one.
Anyway, Brookelyn (the baby) "earned" her tickets too, so we decided that she would probably enjoy the evening as well. So all 5 of us made our way to the waterpark, while I was trying to figure out how to work it so that I can keep my cover-up on.
Then I thought "okay, I am going, I will just stay in my swimsuit cover-up and just stay with Brookelyn and he can take them to the slides." I looked around and saw people that are bigger than me and decided "what is the big deal. No one is looking at me anyway. I have looked worse at the Dells before" and decided to go ahead and go with them. My husband offered to keep Brookelyn for the first part and I took them on some of the slides, then he took them in the lazy river and I took Brookelyn on a tube as well.
We ended up on the big slides with the girls not wanting to leave, slowly trying bigger slides throughout the night. I kept telling them that "this is the last one". And they would go down and ask for one more time.
Finally at about 8:45 and it was starting to get chilly, we did call it a night.
Thank you public library for a great party. My 5 year olds loved it.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so proud of you for going! And you are SO right - people never pay us the amount of attention we think they are.

I love the library programs for kids - it's how I spent my summers growing up.