Friday, June 29, 2007

Gum anyone??

Maybe there is someone who reads this who can relate. My 4 year olds received a nice valentine gift of gum and candy, etc... back on Valentine's Day. I have just now begun to let them chew the gum with the promise that they would not take the gum out of their mouths. They had been doing a really good job until today. One of them got it in her hair. I only found this out when I got up from checking the e mail earlier in the day and caught her "running" with the scissors. I was more concerned about that than what she may have done with her gum or her hair. She was afraid that she would get in trouble for getting gum in her hair, so she decided to try to cut it out herself. The unfortunate thing is that I have all three of them scheduled for pictures tomorrow.
I, of course could not contain myself as I laughed at what she had done with her hair and scolded her for running with the scissors.
I tried to see if I could hide the dent she made in her hair, but after combing and styling, I could not hide it satisfactorily to get us by through the pictures tomorrow.
Her pretty long locks are now cute shoulder length layers. Unfortunately for her twin sister, she had to get the same hairstyle due to wanting them to look alike in their pictures.
Like my mom said, it is probably time for a good trim anyway. Well, they got one.

7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

When I was a little girl, I hid behind one of our living room chairs and secretly cut my hair, so I could look like one of the men in our church - who just happened to be bald! Talk about embarrassing. I had the shortest bangs ever!

LOL!

Patrick Berryman said...

Their hair looked cute, but if you had left one with long hair it would have been much easier for me to tell them apart. Of course, I realize it's not all about me. :-)

Heidi said...

I thought about that. If it were not for the photo shoot on the following day, I would have left one longer.

grace said...

When I was about 6 years old, I decided to play "Beauty Parlor" with my cousin. Let's just say her mom had to get her ears pierced just so you could tell she was a girl. Send me a picture of the new look your girls are sporting.

Heidi said...

Can I have your e mail address? I can send you a picture that way.

Jennittia said...

Here's a great trick to remember if (when!) this happens again. It was told to me by an experienced mom and it really works-- really, I have done it- twice!! Comb about a teaspoon of peanut butter through the glop of gum. Use a baby comb if possible. Something in the peanut butter dissolves the gum. You will have to shompoo a couple of times to get all the oil out, but it sure beats cutting a hunk of hair out!!

Heidi said...

I heard that from several different people. The problem in this case was that she was afraid to tell me that she had gotten the gum in her hair in the first place and had started cutting it herself, so it had to be cut anyway. Next time I will try the peanut butter thing.