Wednesday, June 13, 2007

air show

My husband and I used to go to the air shows in our home towns. Our dads would drag us there every year to see the planes (bonus when the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds were in town). Actually, I have always enjoyed going. The stunts were always amazing.
Last year, the Thunderbirds came to the show. We saw parts of their performance from our house and my kids seemed to really like them, but being only 3, we were not sure if they would want to see them up close since the planes are so loud.
This year, the Blue Angels came to town and we thought about taking them this year, but again were not sure how they would react. We ended up getting free tickets (including parking) and went on the first day (however, the Blue Angels were not scheduled to perform). Then we had this awful rain storm, so the place was wet and muddy, so anyone who went the first night could come back on one of the next two days of their choice. Bonus: We had free tickets and free parking and our other family members also were able to get free tickets so we could all go together on the Sunday afternoon of the show. We were able to see the Blue Angels perform anyway. The kids loved it (except for the baby). The baby did okay until the one plane came from behind and surprised us all.
I think the kids (as well as the parents) will want to go back next year.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm glad you had such a good time!

When I was a little girl, my parents took me to the air show. My dad paid an amazing amount of money - $20 - for the two of us to go on a half hour helicopter ride. Can you imagine how much that ride would cost today?! Back then, it seemed SO expensive that my parents weren't even sure we should do it. Anyway, it made a wonderful family memory of me and Dad seeing the entire community from the air, and Mom waving happily from the ground (my mom's afraid of heights!).

I'm glad you guys are continuing your family tradition. I'm sure your girls will appreciate it. I loved Jeremy's photo of the girls holding the "bomb" at the show! Too cute!

Heidi said...

I don't know if I have seen that picture. Where did you see that one?

Ann-Marie said...

Jeremy showed the Kids4Truth kids the photo when he was talking about "things he loved." I think he meant his nieces. At least, I hope he didn't mean bombs! :-) Actually, he was leading the kids down the road to talk about how we should love the Bible! It was very sweet - he's a good uncle!

Heidi said...

That is why I haven't seen it. He has not given us the pics from the air show yet and I am not in that part of K4T.