Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Forgetfulness

How annoying is this? I had it on my mind to get dish cloths because it had been years since I had replaced my old ones. I threw my last old one into the dirty pile, where it will probably end up in the trash before it gets washed, so I did not have any to use with the expectation and great anticipation on going out to get some fresh new ones. My whole family went to Wal-mart (the dreaded place) for some much needed pieces of clothing and of course the dish cloths. I could have got them at Target, but there were some other stuff that I could not get there, like ground beef. Back to the subject at hand. I had a small cart load of stuff and what did I forget, the baby formula, (thank goodness, no), ground beef, no; undergarments, no; I even added insect repellent to the cart, but did I get the dish cloths? sadly, no.
I had to run out today with all 3 children to get the dish cloths because I need them badly so I can continue to clean the table and counters with them.

4 comments:

grace said...

That happened to my mom last week. She threw out her last old dish rag and then had nothing to clean the table with. She ripped a dish towel in half and used that.

Heidi said...

That is an idea. I didn't think of that.

Ann-Marie said...

Yeah, it's that old thing of going to the store for milk and walking out with everything but. I do it mostly with bread. I eat more bread than anyone I know, and yet I'm continually walking out of the store without it and having to go back later and buy "just bread." Makes me look like I’m homeless! :-)

P.S. - If I had known...I've got gazillions of dishtowels! Brett bought me a truly HUGE multi-pack at Sam's when we first got married, and I’ve yet to run out in seven years! I could have given you some!

Heidi said...

I ended up with an 8 pack of red and white ones for 5.99. That was not too bad.