Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Decent Proposal

I just found out that my brother, my baby brother (okay, he's 21), is getting married. I say Congrats to him. However, I had to find out from Dad. He did not call me himself to give me his great news. How annoying is that. I am tempted to wait and see how long it takes for him to call me and tell me. I bet I am the last to know. Imagine that, leaving your only sibling out of the loop. Granted, I am 10 years older, so I am sure it is easy to forget about someone else when you were an only child most of your growing up years. I understand that one, but still, annoying. Do I have to call his fiancee to get all the juicy details? What do you all think? Is that normal for a sibling to not call the other sibling when he/she gets engaged?
Enough griping and complaining about his happy upcoming nuptials. I guess he is planning on a December wedding, much to our dad's unhappiness. I can't blame them, Christmas weddings are absolutely beautiful. Usually the church is all ready decorated for Christmas so the extra decorations are just a bonus.
Dad wants them to wait until he is completely done with school. Been there , done that!! Anyway, he will only have a semester left of school at this point. He chose a school that is a lot cheaper than mine, so it should not be a big deal to get married with a few months left of school.
I may tell him to get married this coming summer. That would be easier for us. I know it sounds like it is all about me, but when you have to fly with 3 kids, it is expensive. Our December is hectic and as beautiful as a Christmas wedding would be, it would be more of a pain than fun.
Anyway, I really am happy for them. Good luck and God bless, Michael and Aricelli.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

My siblings NEVER call to tell me when they're getting married. Oh wait...

Heidi said...

HA HA LOL.