Friday, January 11, 2008

The Candidate

The closer it gets, the more concerned I get about who is nominated in any party to be our next president. Obviously, I know that it is all controlled by a Sovereign God, who will not be swayed this way or that, but still it concerns me that I may have to live under a very scary person.
Since I am Conservative and tend to lean more Republican, I do not plan to vote for anyone on the Democratic ticket. Even though I don't like the choices, I think choosing between Liberal, liberal, liberal and no way; would be a whole lot easier than what is on the Republican ticket.
Choosing between two guys who claim to be Conservative Republicans, one of whom is a Baptist Minister (that should make it all the easier, but it doesn't)--Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee; One who is right where I would love a candidate to be Fiscally, and has great proven leadership abilities, but his social liberalness I have a hard time swallowing--Rudy Guiliani; One who claims to be all the above but didn't used to be while Governor of Massachusetts (his Mormonism isn't even an issue)--Mitt Romney; and one candidate who has proven to be "on the fence material" since he ran against the present president in 2000--John McCain. As well as the others, one being very radical --Ron Paul; and the others whom I can't remember their names. A month ago when I posted on this topic before I was leaning toward Mitt Romney. I still like him and think that he could make a good president if elected, but I think my sights have changed towards the direction of Fred Thompson. I heard him interviewed on the Sean Hannity show (http://www.hannity.com/ ) yesterday and he did a wonderful interview.
Hopefully I can make a decison by Super Tuesday --February 5.
Could an actor make a good president? It worked once before. An actor also killed a president, oops, that is for another time. Interesting both of the above presidents had roots in Illinois.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Hmm...I plan to vote for my Mom as a write-in candidate.

Seriously? I don't know either. I still like the thought of saying "President Huckabee" though. Don't know a lick about any of this, of course.

Keep me updated. I'll vote whichever way.