Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Twin mom and baby makes 4

What a day we had yesterday. Apparently when I was reading my Bible on Monday night I left my glasses beside it and they were knocked on the floor when we went to bed. My husband stepped on them and well, I tried to put them on and the bow broke off. So much for that pair. Thankfully, it was time to get new ones anyway as it had been three years. I was just putting it off a couple of months. Oh well.
So, I had the idea to go to one eyeglass place that offers low prices on glasses and includes an eye exam. Those of you out there who do not have optical insurance and have to buy eyeglasses or contacts know how those costs can add up. I toted all my three kids (near 4 year old twins and baby in car seat) into this place and filled out the information only to find out that I would have to wait 7-10 days to get my new glasses. Well, I cannot see long distance, so I would not be able to see the overhead or the pastor at church (Maybe that is not all bad, just kidding, pastor), and I would not be able to drive if I did not need sunglasses, and worse, I could not watch tv and that would be just horrible. Well, I knew that place would not work, so I toted them all back to the car and made my way to the place that we got our glasses at before at the mall, though I knew that it would cost a lot more, but I knew that I could get them that same day.
So, here I am again toting my three children out of the van to the mall. I went in and made an appointment for 12:45. Then I took my two older children to the play area and fed the baby while they played. By that time, it was just about time for my appointment. I went back to the store and found that they had never put my name in, so I had to wait a little longer, until I convinced them that they needed to get me in because my children would get hungry soon.
After I saw the eye doctor I ordered the glasses and found out that I would have to wait two more hours to get it done (thankfully it was still that same day), but I did not have my stroller because I was not prepared to go to the mall.
Here I am carrying a baby car seat and toting two nearly four year olds around the mall for two hours. We stopped to eat lunch, which I was not planning on doing either.
It is tiring doing all this. I did not get back until around 4:15 and I had left the house that morning around 11:00.

No comments: