Saturday, May 5, 2007

And they're off.

I always wanted to have a horse as a kid. I just believe that they are such beautiful animals. Each time I asked, the answer was always no. Where are going to put it, dad would ask. I said the back yard where else? It was too small, he said. We can pay to board it, I replied. Then the excuses that they are too dangerous. He always knew someone who was hurt by horses. The story that I remember the most was there was this girl who was kicked in the head by a horse and it killed her, so that was the end of that.

On my senior trip, we were able to ride horses on the beach at the Oregon Coast. That was a dream for me. It was so much fun. My horse did not like to get too near the waves, so he would go the opposite direction from the sea.

I always enjoy watching horses do what they are bred to do. That is to run. One of my favorite things to watch is the three triple crown races -- the Kentucky Derby, The Preakness, and the Belmont Stakes. Maybe I am crazy, but if I were a betting person, we would be wealthy today as I was going with the winner.

2 comments:

Jennittia said...

Funny, I am saying those things to my little girl! She swears the horse can sleep in her room- it would fit, she promises!! She was even saving all her money for a while so she could get one!

Heidi said...

I think I may have tried that one myself.