Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Birthday weekend.

The final score.
After the game. Inside the Palace of Auburn Hills.
The game winner. Free throws. Orlando could not make theirs. This is Chauncey Billups shooting a free throw.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I have always wanted to take my husband to a sporting event for his birthday, but usually there are not any of interest at that time. Not a huge golf (watching it) or Nascar fan.

A couple of weeks I got on the internet to see what kind of tickets I could find at a reasonable price (keep in mind that his birthday is not until June). His favorite NBA team is the Detroit Pistons. His favorite NHL team is the Detroit Red Wings. Can anyone guess where my husband is from? Both of those teams are in the playoffs right now. So you can imagine how exciting sports is around my house.

I thought tickets would be too expensive for any playoff game. I checked into his birthday and of course, the NBA finals were too expensive and there is no guarantee that the Pistons would be going that far, so I went back a couple of levels. I ended up buying him round 2 game 1 against the Orlando Magic. I also checked into the Red Wings hockey playoffs, but those tickets were more than I wanted to pay, though not as high as I was expecting. It was supposed to be a surprise for an early birthday present, but I decided to go ahead and tell him. I am glad I did because I was going to get him round 1 game 7. Well, there was no round 1 game 7 because the Pistons won the series in 6 games.

I am so glad that I did that I splurged on his birthday because I think it was the best birthday present I have ever bought him. He really enjoyed himself seeing some of his favorite players in person. We sat high up in the arena, but the seats were still good. The fans in our section were also good as well. There were not a lot of drunks around us. We have gone to other games wehre the drinking was so bad that the fans were horribly behaved. The atmosphere was great. The best thing of all was the score of the game (Pistons 91, Magic 72). It made for a great experience for both of us.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

It sounds like you had a great time! That's a realy nice photo of the two of you, by the way. You look really good!

Jennittia said...

Ok, Ann-Marie stole my comment but I will say it again anyway! Great pic of the two of you! I like your hair these days! It is always fun to get someone that perfect gift and watch them enjoy it!