Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Strange Things Kids Do

Here are a couple of strange things I was thinking about the past couple of days that my children have done. I think I have strange children (I am not complaining however). I was cleaning all my lettuce and repackaging it when my kids asked me what I was doing. I told them and they wanted a piece. I gave them a piece. They finished it and asked for more. Mine love lettuce, olives, and tomatoes. I know of so many kids who won't touch those things. I am truly blessed in those areas.
Last Saturday my husband who is a wonderful, loving father took my two older kids out to McDonalds for lunch. He then took them to the dollar store and told them that they could pick out any one thing they wanted for 1.00 (not a bad deal). So, one of them picked up a toy hair dryer thinking she could dry her own hair with it. It would take a VERY long time to dry all her hair. The other child picked out a set of three dolls with clothes. Cute dolls. However they come apart so easily that they leave legs, arms, and heads all over the place. It looks like CSI in my house. Oh look, there is a leg here, an arm there, and Oh look, Grissom, we found the torso over there. Oh oh, the head is missing. Sorry, too much CSI. Anyway, it is quite disturbing. I don't know how much longer I can have my house looking like a crime scene.

4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

HA! HA! Love the CSI reference!

I totally sympathize with your hair-dryer-buying-daughter! I did the SAME EXACT thing when I was a kid! Really.

I bought a Barbie hair dyer, raced home, took it out of the package, and could NOT have been MORE disappointed it didn't work. I was SO sad I'd wasted my money!

You are lucky to have girls who love veggies! May they love them all their lives - makes life so much easier! (I wish I loved 'em!)

Heidi said...

I thought you of all people would get a kick out of that one.
I hope they do too. They get their liking of veggies from me. I like most anything, just don't put a bell pepper or brussel sprout in front of me.

Jennittia said...

SOOOOOO funny!! Can your girls rub off a bit in the food dept. on my kids?!!

Heidi said...

sure, Jennittia, but you would have to move back to Rockford and something tells me that you don't want to do that. :-)