Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Puke, Pepper, and --- Fish Food?

Today was a day where if it could go wrong, it did. I woke up and went in the baby's room and was greeted by an unmistakable smell. Apparently sometime in the night she had gotten some kind of stomach virus. I will spare all the details, but we were reminded what she had for dinner the night before.
So, I showered her, dressed her, then gave her some cheerios to eat. I also fed the other two kids their cereal and went upstairs to take care of the mess in the crib. No easy chore. It was everywhere.
I then proceeded to eat my breakfast amidst the cheerios that the baby spilled on the floor because she did not want them.
While I was eating breakfast, I heard the words, " Mom, Brianna spilled the pepper." It was one of those times I wanted to say, "who is your mom?" and run away. I came around the corner and saw what apparently was the whole container of pepper all over the table in front of her.
I told her since she spilled it, she had to clean it up. She wiped it all onto the floor, hence making a mess on the floor.
I then proceeded to sweep the floor while my nose was stinging from all that pepper. Ugh!!
Later in the morning, I was reading some e mail and I hear "Mom, come look, we fed the fish. Come count how much food I put in." I went over to the fish bowls and saw, to my amazement, probably several hundred Betta pellets in each bowl. The entire top of the bowls were covered.
It was not part of my plan to change the water today, but it quickly was introduced. Now the fish have new water.
I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

grace said...

The joys of being a mother. I guess that's what I have to look forward to some day!

Heidi said...

there are just days like that.