Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Madness

My husband is so sweet. He wanted to take me out to dinner for Mother's Day. I got a roast out to cook on Sunday and he asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was getting a roast out to cook for Sunday dinner unless he had other plans. He told me that I should assume that I don't have to cook on Mother's day and that we would go out. I told him that I assume that I have to cook and have to plan ahead if we are going to eat at home, which saves us money.
Okay, so I put the roast back in the freezer and we go to church on Sunday morning. After church we went home and changed our clothes thinking that the people would have all ready gone out to Sunday brunches or early lunches with their Moms. After changing we proceeded to go out to dinner. We first went to my first choice, Outback Steakhouse. There was an hour wait which would have been okay. We took their little buzzer and waited. After waiting about 5 minutes, the place seemed to be closing in on us and we realized how small the dining and wait area really was. There was a lady (not small by any measure) who said "excuse me" to get through. I was holding a squirming baby and my husband had both the other two kids. I couldn't move as I was back against the wall. She looked at me and said it again. I looked at her like What am I supposed to do, disappear so you can get yourself through here. I had had enough of that, so we decided to leave and try somewhere else. We drove past Olive Garden and we tried Red Lobster (if you had 3 people it was 20 min, but if you have five, it was 65-75 minutes). Finally, my husband asked me to call Texas Roadhouse. It was a two hour wait. You can't tell me the economy is bad and we are in a recession if there are waits this long at restaurants.
We ended up taking Culvers home. Better idea is to go out for Mother's day on either the Saturday before or the Monday afterward.
We went out for Mother's Day last night to Red Lobster. Only about 10 minute wait and the food was very tasty. It had been several years since I had been there.
Happy Mother's Day, all you Mother's (or want to be mom's) out there.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Your husband IS sweet!

Say, I wonder if they're hiring at any of those places...

Heidi said...

Can you see Brett as a waiter?