Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Resurrection Sunday

On Sunday we Christians celebrated Easter, otherwise known as Resurrection Sunday. We celebrate our Lord's miraculous supernatural resurrection from the grave after his horrible gruesome death on the cross.
By having church on Sunday morning, we celebrate His resurrection every Sunday, but this particular one is special because our services revolve around the celebration.
We started out with a service at 8:30 (called our Sunrise service--which was not truly at sunrise). Then at 9:00 we had a great breakfast. There were all kinds of egg dishes, potato dishes, and various types of breads. It was delicious.
Then we had a wonderful service after that where the choir sang several numbers and a special group sand a couple of songs, along with several congregational songs all about our Savior's glorious resurrection. All that praise time was followed by a great message on the power, pardon, and the promise found in salvation from Jesus Christ through his death on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.
After the service we had family over for dinner and the NCAA basketball tournament. We had a great time of fellowship in the afternoon.
When we download the pictures from my camera, I hope to post a couple of pictures of my kids all dressed up in their Easter clothes.

3 comments:

mom2mine said...

hey, I got your email about accountability and it got me thinking. stop by my fat blog... I had a couple thoughts for you ... and me... and julie :)

Ann-Marie said...

It WAS a lovely service.

I'm sorry to hear about the basketball, though. I'm sure otherwise it would have been a really great day.

Oh wait, you LIKE sports...

Heidi said...

Oh yea, I do a bracket challenge every year. I am not a huge basketball fan, but I do enjoy March Madness.