Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Crazy Cat

The other night my husband and I were heading up to bed and we heard strange noises like they were coming from the roof. It had a familiar sound.
This goes back to a couple of years ago when we had raccoons in our attic. That was interesting. I think my husband and I both heard the loud crashing sounds about the same time because we both sat up in bed and looked at each other with that "what is that" look. It was bout 2:00 AM in February.
Initially my husband thought it was a squirrel and I thought that it was an awful big squirrel because I looked up and saw the light bounce up and down with the movements of the animal.
Then that episode of CSI came to mind where the guy was living in the attic of these people's homes and he peeped through holes in the ceilings (back from season 1, I think) and later murdered them. I started looking for little holes in the ceiling.
After waking my brother in law who was staying with us for a couple of days so the he could peek up in the attic since he was taller; and the guys going outside and seeing the raccoon's face in the attic window, it was determined that it was a raccoon looking for a warm place to nest.
We had a trapper come out and set a trap which led to nothing except a poor squirrel which I ended up letting go. We think all our noise and turning on the lights in the attic chased the coons away. We have since fixed the attic window so that hopefully nothing can get in.
How this all fits in with the present story.
We heard the sound coming from the roof and the thought was "oh no, not again". We looked out the window --nothing. We went up to the bedroom and I looked out the window and there was this cat walking along the tin roof above our 3 season porch. I opened the window and it came up and meowed at me. How do we get rid of this thing because we knew that the cat would walk along there all night thus keeping us awake.
After trying to entice it away with a flashlight and laser pointer, I finally went outside and it jumped off all by itself and ran away.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Was it at least a cute cat? Did you want a cat?

:-)

Heidi said...

I wouldn't mind having one.
It was a cute cat. I think it belonged to the neighbor up the street.