Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The deal of the decade.

Ever since my sister in law started teaching me how to find good deals by checking websites and Sunday papers for coupons,watching circulars, etc...; I get excited when I get one. This one is the deal of the decade.
A couple of days ago I went to our local Wal-mart (as much as I hate it, I do go there every so often) to get a couple of things between our normal grocery shopping days. I was looking around the grocery department and saw what I thought was too good to be true. I looked down at a stack of Coca cola zero that had a sign on it that said 2/4.78 or 1/2.38. Okay, that is a pretty good deal in and of itself. Then I took a closer look and each of the 12 packs had a coupon for 1.50 off each, making it basically 2/1.78 which comes out to .89 each 12 pack. I didn't think there was a way that could be right, so I read and re-read the sign and that is exactly what it said.
I took it to the 2 12 packs to the check out line and it did not ring out for what I thought it should. I called them on it and they made the phone call to the department. Well, apparently they left the sign up one extra day and I got the benefits of that. They gave it to me for the posted price.
I was so excited to get that good deal.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

What a good find! Say, do you like Coca Cola Zero over Diet Coke? I've never actually tried the Zero kind before.

Heidi said...

It seems to have not quite a diet flavir as regular diet.