Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh the Crazy Day!!

I don't know what started it all, but it was justa very crazy day. I started to wonder if I should have gotten out of bed this morning. Now that I think of it, maybe I will go crawl back in.
I got up later than I intended, oh big surprise, which usually leads to a shorter day to do the stuff that I need to get done.
I went do do some errands that I wanted to get done before the snow started to fall, when you have three girls, toilet paper is an important thing to have around. I have one child who either hates cold or her car seat, not sure which at this point. If it is cold, I truly understand as I am not too fond either. If it is the car seat, I can't say that I enjoy the seatbelt, but I am so used to it that I really don't notice it anymore.
Anyway, where I am going with this is that we were in the car on one of our busiest streets here in town and the baby was crying uncontrollably. I had all ready yelled at her to be quiet and that did not work (when am I going to learn that it does not work to yell?). I had tried one of her favorite toys and that did not work either. FInally, I was stopped at a light and I figured "maybe her hands are cold" so I turned to put her mittens on her and apparently my foot left the brake pedal as I bumped the car in front of me.
I felt so embarrassed. When we pulled into a parking lot and looked it all over, I was so relieved that there seemed to be no damage to either vehicle, just a little wounded pride on my part. I apologized profusely to the poor man in the other vehicle while I was very thankful for bumpers on cars. Thankfully I don't think he is going to report it as he did say that there is nothing to report.
I think God was giving me a wake up call that I was being very selfish this morning in how I was treating my baby and now I am very thankful for that little reminder.
I expected my husband to be upset, but he said that he had done the same thing before. I didn't feel quite so bad then.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Oh, Heidi! I'm sorry you had to go through that. Those fender benders are so nerve-wracking. I'm glad you were able to draw some positive thoughts from it - now, go crawl into that bed! :-)

Heidi said...

I wish I could do that.