Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Go Sarah Go

Here is my two cents.

I was not sure about John McCain. He appeared to be the better of two bads initially. I personally thought my candidate of choice (Mitt Romney) was better back in February. Maybe he still would have been in certain areas of leadership.
I became more convinced that John McCain was the person that he claimed to be when he was interviewed by Pastor Rick Warren at Saddleback Church in California. I thought he gave the better answers. He was clear and concise and shared his view points on certain important issues to Conservatives, such as myself.
I had decided at that point that I was going to vote for him and of course hoping that he would choose a good Conservative running mate and not do his "maverick" thing of choosing someone who would help gain those more moderate voters who would probably vote Democrat anyway (like Joe Lieberman for example) --though he did give a good speech at the RNC convention last week.
I certainly did not expect who John McCain did pick to be his running mate. I had heard her name once or twice thrown around on Conservative talk shows, but she was not on the short list for them.
After hearing Sarah speak, I am convinced that she can do the job. I am also convinced by some of her testimony as shared by the pastor of her church (that she grew up in and attends when she is at home in Wasilla, AK) that she is a woman who is trying to follow God's direction in her life -- though she has made mistakes as have we all.
John McCain not only did meet expectations, but he did far better. He did choose a Maverick like himself -- in Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Yea! Well-written and right on target, Heidi. (Maybe you should have your own show ala Sean Hannity!). I'd listen!

Heidi said...

yeah right. No one would listen. We all ready have that --Sean Hannity.