Saturday, December 8, 2007

A flowery surprise

My family was in town from Washington State and we had been away in the Chicago suburbs for the day. When we returned after a wonderful dinner at Texas Roadhouse (thanks dad) around 8:00pm, there was a vase of flowers on my doorstep. I thought that there must be some mistake and they got the wrong house again, like my neighbor's edible arrangements as well as the many pizzas that come to the wrong house (our house number is hard to read and the neighbor's house is on our street when they face the other one, so it is natural to get the addresses mixed up). But, lo and behold, my name and address was on the card, so it was actually to me. I was trying to figure out who would, out of the blue, send me a beautiful arrangement. My family, including my husband, was just as surprised as I was. When I opened the card, it said, "We thank you for your hard work this fall and are grateful for you -- The executive team at Southern Living at Home". That was the odd part. I have not worked for them in over three years. My husband said that it is the best bonus I ever got from them and I am not working for them any more. Though the mistake was made, my name was on the card and I certainly was not sending them back. Happy Fall to me!
I did some checking with the florist who sent them and they were sent from the corporate offices of Southern Living at Home. Somewhere the lines must have crossed and I ended up with someone else's expensive flower arrangement, but hey, who's complaining? Not me. They look beautiful on my dining room table.
I guess the Lord knew that I needed some flowers. Southern Living at Home was just thanking me for all the hard work that I did for Pampered Chef this fall . A picture of these flowers will be forth coming.

No comments: