Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas lights and everything nice

Okay, I have to admit it. I always look forward to Thanksgiving to be over so I can get into the best holiday season. Yes, I LOVE Christmas. I love the trees, lights, presents, ornaments, presents, stockings, and the beautiful wrapped or gift bagged (in my husband's family) presents; Oh, did I mention presents? I guess that it is just one holiday that I can celebrate the kid still in me.
Not that I don't like Thanksgiving. I do. I love that our country has set aside one day of the year to give thanks, but we ARE supposed to do that EVERY day right? I love the rich history of the pilgrims, indians, turkeys, and FOOD, but I never really liked the colors orange and yellow. It just seems so drab and the fall colors just make me think WINTER, ARRGGHH.
I am so excited to put up my NEW tree this year. I got the steal of a deal (well my mother in law and I did). We were shopping at after Christmas sales last year and went to a second had shop, (I was looking for maternity clothes) and saw these beautiful Christmas trees. They are the 7 foot kind, pre lit, with pine cones on them. BEAUTIFUL. Remember, I was not looking for Christmas trees. All their decor was deeply discounted and that particular day they had put an extra discount on the Christmas stuff. We asked them how much they were -- $1.00.
The great part about them is that they come from a national attraction. They are the old decorations in the Renaissance Center (a landmark skyscraper in downtown Detroit also known as General Motors world HQ). THe Marriott hotel (which is the center tower of the 7 tower complex) was changing their Christmas decor and happened to have them sent to the particular store that we would shop at.
Imagine that!! I own a piece of the General Motors HQ in my own home (besides my two cars out front).

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I am totally with you on Thanksgiving. I never really got into it - since it IS supposed to be an everyday thing - and it's defintely not among my favorite holidays. Oh, well! At least the food's good.

I'm glad you got such great X-mas deals. I love X-mas, too, at least I HOPE I still do, after last year's debaucle!

It's so great you are noe a "GM" home! Ha! Ha!

grace said...

DO we get to see a picture of this tree?

Heidi said...

Grace, I posted some pictures of the tree. In case you are still interested.