Friday, November 23, 2007

What a Klutz.

I have never really thought of myself as a klutz. I have had other people I know refer to themselves as klutzes, but not me. Well, that may change. I think I may need to take walking classes.
I have a friend that I walk with (or at least try to walk with) on a regular basis. She had been sick for a few weeks, so we had not been able to walk regularly this past month. We did go about three weeks ago now and what did I do, I accidently stepped off the edge of the sidewalk and twisted my ankle. There was nothing else to do but to finish our walk home. Then the very next time we walked, was just this last Monday. It was kind of damp out and I slipped on a wet leaf and fell right on my bottom. I was walking along and suddenly I was not. My friend was just babbling away and looked over and I was not there. The remarkable thing is that I never let go of the dog on the end of the leash. I was okay, just a little embarrassed so we finished our walk.
Then the following day, we were walking along and I was only a couple of blocks from the house and lo and behold, I twisted my ankle again. I don't know what I am going to do with myself.
On Wednesday I woke up with this terrible ache in the lower back and I wondered what that came from, then I remembered my spill on Monday. I must have bruised my tail bone pretty bad, because it hurt to go up and down stairs and even to get up from a sitting position.
I guess I am getting old. ha ha.
I was so excited that I made it home from my walk yesterday in one piece and without a single ankle twist or a fall.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

OUCH! I hope you are felling better and healing quickly. THose ankle things can drag on for SUCH a long time. Thinking of you!