Thursday, April 26, 2007

what a time!!

Well, I had the most frustrating time today at a McDonalds. I had just gotten together with another mom of young children and had a wonderful time of Christian fellowship while our kiddos played at the playland. Well, of course that is when my 2 month old chose to explode. When she goes, it is always bad, so I knew it would be.
Our two families parted ways and I made my way to the bathroom to what I knew would be a mess. Of course, what could go wrong, did.
I found out that this particular restaurant did not have a changing area that was mom friendly. The table faced the wrong way. The end of the table was right over the toilet. Therefore, my baby could kick anything into the toilet, so as a mom trying to keep everything as clean and sanitary as possible while I changed what looked like a bomb went off in my baby's diaper, I had to also keep everything on the table. To make matters more interesting, my two three year olds were trying to peek over the table to watch me change the diaper as that is very fascinating to young eyes.
Before we were done, the wipe container had fallen into the toilet twice, the paper towels that I laid underneath the baby were soaking wet, of course making any clothes that had survived the explosion wet.
I had to change every inch of clothing on the child, and she ended up with no onsie, because it had gotten wet in the ordeal.
Whew!! I need a nap.

3 comments:

Robin Hayes said...

Good times! All I'll say is that I sympathize with you!

Heidi said...

thanks robin

Ann-Marie said...

Heidi,
I HIGHLY sympathize! Ann-Marie