Monday, December 15, 2008

Girls night out.



As some know, I am developing a new hobby. It is jewelry making. I hope to one day sell it as I love to make it. It is such a stress release. You might ask "how much stress can a stay at home mom have?" You would probably be very surprised. We have not only our schooling to do, but a house to attempt to keep neat as well as cooking and the other household duties to maintain as well.


I recently had the priviledge of having 13 girls between the ages of 5 - 15 in my home (including my two), on December 4th for a bracelet making workshop. I prepared the beads, stations, etc.... ahead of time to make it run smoothly. I was nervous as it is the first time that I had attempted something like this. I loved listening to the girl talk around the table as they were trying to compare thier handy work.

I made a snack called brownie lollipops and those went over like marshmallows in a smore's. I think it became quite the snack and I plan on giving out a couple copies of the recipe as well as making them again sometime.


Thanks to Kristie for taking some pictures which I will post as soon as she e mails me them over. I plan on doing it again in the Spring. Maybe we will try something more ambitious, such as a necklace.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Those are some very nice sets! That's so cool that you opened your house up for the activity - and planned it! I hope you can sell jewelry, too! :-)

Robin Hayes said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad it was a success and I loved Kristie's pictures. I am itching to have one again with the ladies! Anyone interested? Now that I can actually bead again, I think that I am up for hosting. :-)

Heidi said...

I am so interested Robin.