Monday, December 1, 2008

Funny Vacation Story

As most of my readers know, I have three little girls. We went to Michigan for Thanksgiving to spend it with Grandpa and Grandma. Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Anouk went as well.
One evening my two 5 year olds were upstairs in the old house talking to Uncle Jeremy. They happened to glance at the book he was reading. They told him the man on the cover of the book was John Calvin (one of the early Reformers). Jeremy turned his book over and surprisingly said, "yes it is, how did you know that"? To that they replied, "My daddy has that book, and we can't read it yet, but we will someday. Brianna will borrow daddy's and I will borrow yours."

A couple of days later, Grandpa and Grandma took the same two children to see Christmas lights. One of the displays had Santa and his reindeer. She asked them if they knew who it was. They had no idea who Santa is.

So my kids know who John Calvin is and not Santa Claus at age 5. Imagine that!!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Well, you're defintely doing something right! :-)