Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Era

Well, a new era has dawned in America. I grieve for the masses who went into this wanting so much to have a change that they really have no idea what they have truly voted for. I grieved as I watched the mezmerized masses in Grant Park in Chicago as their "messiah" graced their presence. America was a "shining city on a hill" to quote Reagan. We were the beacon of hope to the world, now I fear that that the beacon's light has gone out we will become just like all the rest.
I do thank my God for his Sovereignty and we as Christians can go into this knowing that He is our Messiah and He is in control and has not left His throne. He didn't wring His hands in heaven last night wondering what would happen in America. He knew from before the world began which brings comfort and peace to me in these turbulant times.
I will be praying for President Bush as he finishes his term as president and I will be praying for President Obama as he begins his term and that God will give him the wisdom to govern our great land and that God will have mercy on our country and still allow us to shine brightly to the world.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

That sounds like the attitude we should all have! That's a good take on the whole thing, Heidi!

Heidi said...

Well Pastor made some comments on it tonight and even made me think on it even more.
I rejoice that we have a black man as president. Historically we have come a long way.
I grieve that I cannot support him 100% as we do not share the same moral values, but as a citizen of this country and as (more importantly) a citizen of the Heavenly City we need to let our lights shine in this world and be a testimony to those around us as ambassadors of Jesus Christ.