Monday, June 2, 2008

Globalization

There has been this talk in political America about a word called Globalization.

Here is a definition that I received from that same neighbor that sent me all that other good stuff that I included here the past few days.

Question: What is the truest definition of globalization?
Answer:
Princess Diana's Death

Question: How come?
Answer: An English princess with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, driving a German car with a Dutch engine driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scottish whisky (check the bottle before you change the spelling) (emphasis not mine as I am not touching a bottle of Scottish whisky. I will take the writer's word for it). followed closely by Italian paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles; treated by an American doctor using Brazilian medicines.
This is sent to you by an American using Bill Gates' technology, and you're probably reading this on your computer, that uses Taiwanese chips, and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangledeshi workers in a Singapore plant, transported by Indian lorry-drivers, hijacked by Indonesians, unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked by you by Mexican illegals. ... .

That my friends, is globalization.

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

...blogged by an American.

So true - it's becoming slightly like before Babel when everybody knew everybody knew everybody!

Heidi said...

...who has a sister in law who is French-Canadian and a future sister in law who is Mexican ....

Jennittia said...

Been a while since I caught up an blogs. This one's funny!! Reminds me of the forward I got about the only true way to help stimulate the ecomony with the recent rebate checks is to yard sale!