Thursday, June 19, 2008

American Girl doll pictures

I have been asked to post pictures from the girls trip to Chicago when they went to pick out their American Girl dolls. Here are pictures of them with the dolls.
The first picture is actually a mistake. It is of Brookelyn playing at the mall play area. I accidently put the wrong picture and don't know how to delet it.

It is an intimidating choice. You walk into the store and there are dolls everywhere (once you get on the doll floors). For a child picking out a doll, it is a very difficult choice, but they didmake their choices fairly quickly.
This is Bethany with her doll. She picked Kit Kitteredge -- from the historical doll collection. I believe she represents the 1930-1940 era.
This is Brianna with her doll. They don't have a doll with a missing tooth, but she picked out one close enough. She picked one of the "Just like me" dolls. Long blonde-brown hair and brown eyes. I really think she looks like her. She named her Mia (which is also the name of the doll of the year). She chose the name herself.
This is both girls later with their dolls in the pajamas that Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Anouk bought them for their bitrhday. It had been a long day and they were both struggling so hard to keep their eyes open long enough to open and change their dolls clothes.

5 comments:

Jennittia said...

such fun!!!! Kristen and I can't wait for the Kit movie in July!!!

Ann-Marie said...

I love that last photo - so tired and so happy - should define "being a kid!"

I've heard really, really good reviews for the Kit movie. Reviewers are calling it a family movie with a very gentle heart...and it has a stellar cast!

Heidi said...

I am afraid to pay full price for a movie when I know that my kids won't be able to sit still that long.
I might try them on the free movies that the theatre is offering in the next few weeks and see how they do.

grace said...

Thanks for the pics! They look so cute. I'm sure that the girls are inseparable from their new dolls.

Heidi said...

pretty much, except when I have to comb Mia's hair as it is too long for her to comb and she tangles it.