Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones

That is actually the title of the book that the girls and I read this morning.
For some reason, my girls have been obsessed with dinosaurs lately and I really don't know why. We have never talked about them. I wonder if they are learning about them from the kids they play with.
We have been going to the library to get books/movies recently and I saw that book on the shelf and thought "we could read that book and then go to the local natural history museum and look at the real dinosaur bones on display.
So a couple of days ago I asked my husband if he could take half a day today so we could all go to the Burpee Museum of Natural History and enjoy their free day.
He did and we had a great time. They kept asking if everything was real. The common answer was, "they were once".
We saw Jane, our local baby t-rex, and Homer, the "new" dinosaur -- a juvenile triceratops. Here are a couple pictures of the kids at the museum. Both of them are of them standing in front of Jane, but you really can't see her.






3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow, do you live in the PERFECT town for dinosaur lovers! I love the big grins in front of Jane. Hey, I have some dino books. Would your girls be interested?

Heidi said...

They might.

Jennittia said...

COOL!! I always loved going to Burpee...