Friday, March 23, 2007

Settling in

Well, nearly three weeks have passed since the new baby arrived. We are trying to settle into a new routine. I had forgotten how different life is with a new baby. We just get into what we think is a routine, but our little one changes it so quick, that we have to start over.
Then the question, did you sleep well? Response: Sleep? I haven't seen sleep in days, no, weeks.
It is amazing how even changing diapers is a great thing because I have been looking forward to this baby for nine long months. It is something to look forward because mentally and physically I have been preparing for it. I have been in tears a few nights because I have given the baby all I physically can give and it still cries. I don't really mind though deep down inside because it is the baby that we had been waiting for that God has in His grace and mercy given to us.
Hopefully within the next couple of months we will be able to get a routine established that allows us all to get more sleep.

No comments: